Low Carbon Mechanical & Electrical Design
New Buildings & Refurbishments
Briar are specialists in the design and project management of practical cost saving low carbon building solutions. We have worked for over 25 years supporting clients and architects to deliver high quality strategic building services with a mind on delivering long-term value through reduced year-on-year energy and maintenance costs.
Whilst buildings are becoming increasingly complex, our emphasis is being involved with the project team at the earliest opportunity, so that we can define an effective services strategy without over-complicating the equipment, or control strategy. We believe client and design team communication is critical at an early stage to understand and to match the diverse and flexible building needs.
SBEM and BREEAM
Our team have the resources to support projects from inception to completion and we are specialists in the building regulations, Part L compliance and SBEM Dynamic Simulation and BREEAM assessments.
Briar Approach & Benefits
Our approach is designed to:
- Provide intensive early stage assessment to minimise project risk
- Reduce design team costs through strong project definition and team communication
- Consider both capital and ongoing revenue costs
- Reduce energy and maintenance costs
- Provide optimum design with a focus on effective equipment with manageable user friendly control
- Provide a focus on commissioning and post occupancy feedback to ensure the building performs to expectation
- Demonstration and verification of low carbon credentials
Energy Efficiency Strategy Implementation
Our project team provides independent turnkey design and project management of energy reduction programmes. These may be directly funded or operate on a performance basis for industrial or commercial clients. For the public sector, these may be funded by Salix, Hefce or NHS Energy Efficiency Interest-Free loan schemes. We have worked across the public sector to secure energy efficiency funding and have implemented a wide range of successful programmes.